Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jafuller79

Linking more than one student to one parent accout

I have to children who are suppose to use Canvas but I only have one child on my accout. How do I link my second child to my account so that I can see both children?

3 Replies
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @jafuller79  ~ As a teacher, it makes me happy to hear that you're connecting with Canvas to stay actively involved with your students' academics! Are you using a web-browser or the Canvas Parent app to connect with your students?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! Since it's been a few weeks since I've last checked in, I thought I would rekindle this conversation

When linking your students to your account, are you doing so from the web, or are you doing so with the Canvas Parent app? Note that not all districts have enabled Canvas Parent. If you're not sure, contact your students' schools.

While the steps are slightly different, the outcome is the same: you'll be able to see both of your students' courses and assignments in one place.

How do I link a student to my user account as an observer? 

How can I use Canvas on my mobile device as an observer? 

How do I add a student in the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device? 

How do I add a student in the Canvas Parent app on my Android device? 

After taking a look at the guides, please reply! I'd love to hear how everything went for you.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @jafuller79 ~ It's been a couple of months since you first submitted your question for the Canvas Community, and I hope everything with your observer and/or the Canvas Parent app is going well. For now, I'm going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered" but that will not prevent you or any other Community member from commenting on the thread. If you have any follow-up questions as you prepare for the 2017-2018 school year, feel free to @mention me in a reply. Smiley Happy