cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmurdock
Community Participant

Linking picture from camera roll on an Announcement

Jump to solution

I have taken a picture of my board with my iPad, so that is in my camera roll. I now want to attach it to an announcement. I'm not seeing a way to do this. When I click Links, Files, or Images, it doesn't give me the option of looking in the camera roll.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@jmurdock , if you're using the Canvas app on your iPad to create the announcement, you'll find that the app does not support every feature of Canvas. See: How do I use the Canvas app on my iPad? However, I just tried exactly what you're describing using the Safari browser on my iPad, and my Camera Roll immediately came up as an option.

I often take photos and screenshots with my iPad; I then share them to my iCloud photos, go over to my desktop, and download a copy to the local machine to make it available in the Insert Content into the Page panel or as an attachment. So that's another option for you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@jmurdock , if you're using the Canvas app on your iPad to create the announcement, you'll find that the app does not support every feature of Canvas. See: How do I use the Canvas app on my iPad? However, I just tried exactly what you're describing using the Safari browser on my iPad, and my Camera Roll immediately came up as an option.

I often take photos and screenshots with my iPad; I then share them to my iCloud photos, go over to my desktop, and download a copy to the local machine to make it available in the Insert Content into the Page panel or as an attachment. So that's another option for you.

View solution in original post

jmurdock
Community Participant

Stephanie,

Thanks for the option! I will try that. I was actually on the website

through Safari, so I don't know why I couldn't get the roll to pop up.

Where did you find it at exactly?

Jennifer Murdock

English Teacher

Sullivan High School

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Stefanie Sanders <instructure@jiveon.com>

@jmurdock , I clicked on Attachment | Choose File | Photo Library | Camera Roll.