Linking to a Redirect App on the Course Menu within a Page

Jump to solution
mcordes1
Community Participant

I created a Redirect App and placed the link on the Course Menu. Within a page, I want to link to the Redirect since it is on the Course Navigation; however, when I am on the page and select Course Link and Course Navigation I can only select the native Canvas Navigation items (Assignments, Discussions, Quizzes, Modules, etc.). Does anyone know how to link to a Redirect listed on the Course Menu within a page?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Hi @debbie_ellis ...

In case you want to see the Guides that describe what @Ron_Bowman referred to, they are here:

Also, this is the Redirect Tool information page on the EduAppCenter website.

I hope this will be of help to you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Hello there, @mcordes1 ...

Thank you for coming back to provide a reply.  I can totally see where the scenario you described would be beneficial.  It's always a bit of a chore when you have to update one link several places...especially if you don't always remember where that link existed on your pages.  I'm not sure that the Redirect Tool was really meant to be used in that way, though I think that @Ron_Bowman's suggestion of grabbing the URL from your "Bookstore" Redirect Tool button may be a good work-around.  The only thing you'd have to keep in mind, though, is that when you copy the content from one course to another, you're going to have to make sure that the link points to the new course URL (as I mentioned in my earlier post).

What would you think of maybe creating a page in your course that contains helpful resources for your students...including a link to the Bookstore?  Or, another idea would be to create a module at the top of your "Modules" page called "Resources"...and just include a link to the Bookstore as an item within the module.  That way, it's one link, and your students know to visit the top of the "Modules" page whenever they need to access the link to your Bookstore.   How do I add an external URL as a module item? - Instructure Community  Just thought I'd throw that suggestion out there for you to consider, too.

Hope this helps a bit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes