cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mchild76
Community Contributor

Links to Wikipedia Articles Replaced with Non-existent Canvas Wiki Page Links

Jump to solution

I had something strange happen in an online Health Information Technology course development today. The course references several historical models and terminology not directly taught in the course but referenced. I used the support of Wikipedia to ensure students would have access to information if needed. 

Canvas page screenshot

Today, when I ran the link validation each of these Wikipedia links was directing to an equally named, but non-existent, blank wiki page in Canvas. So in the example above, I would get the option to create a Canvas page titled "Donabedian." 

I've replaced them all now, but I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mchild76
Community Contributor

We received word back from Canvas Support. The final word was that a fix has been applied and it shouldn't happen in the future.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kenneth_rogers
Community Champion

Hi there, mchild76!

After a quick search here in the Community, it doesn't appear as if this issue has come up before! I'm going to share it with Higher Education‌ to see if someone else has had this issue before and can chime in.

With that said, I wonder if adding a PDF of the Wikipedia article to the course(s) would work. You can export an article for "offline" use (Help:Download as PDF - Wikipedia). Just an idea!

Boekenoogen
Community Contributor

We experienced the same thing here in Oklahoma.

Dr. John Boekenoogen

University of Oklahoma

james_neill
Community Participant

Yes, same thing happened to me for course content imported from Moodle to Canvas. The course content includes many links to Wikiversity pages (where I house most of the course content). These links have to be all manually corrected Smiley Sad.

mchild76
Community Contributor

We received word back from Canvas Support. The final word was that a fix has been applied and it shouldn't happen in the future.

View solution in original post

CarolynGonzale
Community Member

Same as I edit 4 months ago and done wiki writing for canvas but unfortunately my edit was deleted even I put the right information

ashleyblossom
Community Member

This sounds good, I got to read a wiki page where an irrelevant was posted. But I want a Wikipedia for Acemyassignment educational purposes, I don't know how to create it.