cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
don_bryn
Community Champion

List of Canvas Conventions

I see the ad for summer 2018 instructurcon, which I cannot attend.  But within the next month I have to put in my proposal for next school year.  Is there a list anywhere of instructure conventions?   Do they only happen in the summer?  

Tags (1)
5 Replies
SkyVKing
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Don,

Probably the best area area to check is CanvasLive events and drill down by "on-site events". Or you can go to Events and limit by "Conference."

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@don_bryn , we just redesigned the CanvasLIVE‌ event portal to incorporate onsite events, and you can read more about the changes at https://community.canvaslms.com/community/ideas/canvaslive/blog/2018/02/23/canvaslive-2018-2-22-a-ne... The portal now includes an "On-Site" tab in the navigation.

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Don,

Just FYI; there are (at least) two flavors of in-person Instructure sponsored gatherings.  Instructurecon is the big one.  That happens once a year.  This year it will have in Keystone, CO on July 25th and 26th with pre-con of the 24th and an unconference on the 27th.  The location and dates for 2019 have not been announced as of yet.  

There are also Canvascons which are usually organized one time (but sometimes repeated) in a given region.  These events are smaller and usually geared more for people just getting started or who are considering a move to Canvas.  Like Stefanie and Sky wrote, the best place to look for more info is in the CanvasLIVE portal.

don_bryn
Community Champion

This reply is to all of you:   @SkyVKing ‌, stefaniesanders‌, and  @scottdennis ‌:

This was very helpful and I now know where to look for events.  Unfortunately I will never be able to go in summer (has to be during a semester), so Canvascon will always be out.  Oh well, maybe a regional will happen sometime when I can go, but if I don't know about it before April for the following year, I won't be able to attend that either.   Humph.

Hey Don,

Sorry that Instructurecon happens when you can't attend.  The regional conferences are not, as far as I know, planned out far into the future because they happen based on new client activity within a given region.  That is when we get a spike in new interest in Canvas in a given region, we will sometimes do a regional conference there for new converts and prospective clients.  Again, sorry that doesn't help you much personally.