Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luy3001

Location info in iOS app calendar

Jump to solution

In the Canvas iOS app, I don't see the location info for any calendar events... I can view the location when I go to those events in mobile Safari, but I don't see location anywhere in the calendar part of the Canvas app. Am I missing something?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! I miss-read. I apologize! Rather than inquiring about the location of the feature, you were looking at finding the location of the event itself (ie: classroom, meeting room. etc.) With events, you're right. Location is a feature in Safari or Chrome, but is not included with the information provided in the calendar from the app. I think this could make a good feature request.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@luy3001 ​, it seems like you've stumped the Community! I'm going to share this question with the Canvas Mobile Users​ group to see if they can help!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

When you open the Canvas app, there is a calendar tab at the bottom. Calendar items will be color coded based on the chosen colors for your favorited courses. Course assignments and events should appear on the calendar. To add personal items to the calendar, you'll need to still do so in a mobile browser.

@KristinL ​ - I can see course events, but the location field is not displayed in the app. I am not looking at personal calendar items.

@kona ​ - Thanks for sharing my question! Were you able to get any insight into this? Perhaps I should make a feature request...

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! I miss-read. I apologize! Rather than inquiring about the location of the feature, you were looking at finding the location of the event itself (ie: classroom, meeting room. etc.) With events, you're right. Location is a feature in Safari or Chrome, but is not included with the information provided in the calendar from the app. I think this could make a good feature request.

Hello Kristin, 

I wanted to know if there is any update on this feature. Did not want to create a redundant feature request. Please let me know about location info in the iOS/android app Calendar. Many Thanks!

Hi  @rakshitha_rajan ,

Are you referring to the Student app or one of the other Canvas apps? I am able to see the location of a calendar event in the Student app for both Android and iOS devices. Please let me know which app/device you are using and I can look into this further.

Hello , 

I am referring to the Student App on iOS. Image_Location

Image_No_Location

You can see in the first image ,I know the event is in the auditorium but when I click on it, the location does not show up. Is it by design? or Am I missing out something. Please let me know, Many thanks!

Thanks,  @rakshitha_rajan ! I can see the same behavior that you are describing. I did want to make sure that you can see the location at all. I'm not sure if this was intended or an oversight. If you would like, can you please submit a ticket to Canvas Support so they can look into this further?