cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kateri_carver
Community Member

Locked documents - students can't access docs

Jump to solution

My students are saying that some documents are locked and they can not get to them. From my end, they are all published ( green circle) and when I go to student view I can open all of them. Why are they appearing locked  to them? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @kateri_carver  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Have you checked the permissions of those files in your "Files" area of the course?  Please check out the following Guides:

How do I restrict files and folders to students in Canvas? 

How do I set usage rights and user access for a course file? 

How do I set usage rights and user access for a course file folder? 

If you are still having difficulties with the files after confirming your permission settings on those files, you may need to contact the folks at the Canvas Help Desk ... as the majority of users here in the Community would not be able to access your course or your school's Canvas environment (unless you posted screen shots for us).  You can find Canvas Help here: How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? 

Thanks Kateri...please let us know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @kateri_carver  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Have you checked the permissions of those files in your "Files" area of the course?  Please check out the following Guides:

How do I restrict files and folders to students in Canvas? 

How do I set usage rights and user access for a course file? 

How do I set usage rights and user access for a course file folder? 

If you are still having difficulties with the files after confirming your permission settings on those files, you may need to contact the folks at the Canvas Help Desk ... as the majority of users here in the Community would not be able to access your course or your school's Canvas environment (unless you posted screen shots for us).  You can find Canvas Help here: How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? 

Thanks Kateri...please let us know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post