cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmh00014
Community Member

Log-on reverting to a different account!

Jump to solution

Sign in and cookies?

Hi, 

After signing in on a friends computer they were then unable to easily log out and back in again onto their account. It kept wanting to revert to my account even when they put in their logon details. This could be very bad... imagine handing in coursework on the wrong account!!!

How can I easily switch accounts on a shared computer?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abunag
Community Champion

Can you describe what's actually happening?  If you log out, that should be it.  Or did your browser save your credentials and they're logging in on that?

To be safe, I'd suggest each of you using different browsers, making sure the browser doesn't save your credentials, and make sure to log out each time you've finished.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
abunag
Community Champion

Can you describe what's actually happening?  If you log out, that should be it.  Or did your browser save your credentials and they're logging in on that?

To be safe, I'd suggest each of you using different browsers, making sure the browser doesn't save your credentials, and make sure to log out each time you've finished.

View solution in original post

mzucal
Community Contributor

Do you have more than one account on the computer you are both using? If not create two accounts so you both have your own account (or one for you and one guest account). This way you log into the operating system/computer as a specific user which should prevent resolve this issue.         

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello rmh00014...

As I was reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, I came across your question.  I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on November 1, 2017.  Have you had an opportunity to review the feedback that you've received from both  @abunag  and  @mzucal ?  It looks like they have some additional questions for you in order to further help you.  If you could please come back to this topic to provide some answers and/or feedback, that would be helpful.  I'm hopeful that you've been able to find a solution to your initial question, and so I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this particular topic in well over four months.  However, this won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Rachel.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.