MLA rules for text citations, quotations, etc.

Jump to solution
RReyes13
Community Member

Where in Canvas can I find the MLA style rules for text citations, quotations, etc., for a Formal Summary Essay?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@RReyes13 ...

As far as I know, Canvas does not have that kind of information.  Canvas is a Learning Management System (LMS) made by Instructure.  Canvas is used by many schools (K-12 and higher education) and businesses to house course material for students to take in an online setting.  I would recommend that you reach out directly to your instructor to get help with the MLA rules that you are looking for.  You can contact your instructor by following the steps in this Guide using the "Ask My Instructor a Question" option.

How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

I hope this will be of help to you!  Sing out if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

@RReyes13 I agree with Chris that your instructor intended for you to look at the posted material in the course. Perhaps your instructor forgot to Publish that material, or maybe it's in a syllabus or other resource.

I used to be an English teacher, and I'm sharing a site that you can bookmark for future reference:

Purdue University Online Writing Lab: MLA Formatting and Style Guide

The MLA site is a good resource, but OWL is the gold standard for most English classes. It has an easy-to-navigate guide that will answer almost all of your questions about MLA formatting. 

View solution in original post