cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slow
Community Participant

MOVING COURSES

Jump to solution

How do I create a CSV file to move the courses from the old sub-account to the new sub-account without causing any harm to anything.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Sylvia,

Please review this existing thread and let us know if it does not answer your question:

https://community.canvaslms.com/message/161504-moving-existing-courses-to-sub-account 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Sylvia,

Please review this existing thread and let us know if it does not answer your question:

https://community.canvaslms.com/message/161504-moving-existing-courses-to-sub-account 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
slow
Community Participant

Thank you Dennis for answering so quickly!!

Do you mind if I give you a little history?  We do not have subaccounts in our current SIS imports.  We use Course ID.  The university created new departments.  No new subaccounts were not created.  The courses have been dropped into our Main Account Level...for the last few semesters.  

So I created the new sub accounts and manually moved those.  Tedious!!   Thank goodness this is a small university.  But now the SIS for Fall 2020 that just ran put the new courses once again at the Main Account level.  I am an admin, but not the person that set this up initially to load courses to the correct sub accounts (2014).  That person is no longer with the university.  No one knows how to do it.

Hi Sylvia,

How frustrating!  I've been in situations like that so many times and it never gets less so does it?  Thankfully I hope you can solve this one relatively quickly.  If you can get ahold of the data that they ran to add the courses you your main account or generate your own report I bet you can figure out how to modify the text file so that when you upload it to your main account you can move the course to the right sub-accounts.  I remember doing that many moons ago when I worked in Training and before I came to work for the company.  Obviously practice in your test account until you get it down but if you have the data to begin with it should be relatively straightforward.  If you are looking for documentation on how to structure your import text files, please see the documentation linked into the SIS Imports area of your account settings (screenshot below). As for modifying your SIS integration, if you don't have the necessary knowledge in-house I would suggest discussing options with your CSM.  Best of success!

344516_Screenshot 2020-04-10 08.56.49.png