cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kburkes
Community Contributor

Making discussion postings more distinctive

Jump to solution

Someone at InstructureCon this summer mentioned a way (maybe a script) to make discussion postings and replies more distinctive. This may have involved indenting of second-level replies or perhaps a shading of replies to distinguish them from the first-level main postings.  Does anyone know what that might be or where to find it?  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello kburkes...

It sounds as though you'd like a way to display discussion topics in Canvas courses so they are indented based on replies (more of a threaded discussion type of look).  You might want to check out this blog posting from  @ephraimross1 : Improve Threaded Discussions with CSS.  This posting is in the Instructional Designers group here in the Canvas Community, so if you are not yet following this group, you can do so by clicking on the group name I've linked for you, and then click on the "Follow" button on the top right corner of the screen.  The CSS code that Ephraim provides could be added to your school's global CSS file so that all your courses at your school would have the same look and feel.  We applied this at our school, and we even set the side gray color to a different color to match our school logo colors.  I hope this helps, Kate!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello kburkes...

It sounds as though you'd like a way to display discussion topics in Canvas courses so they are indented based on replies (more of a threaded discussion type of look).  You might want to check out this blog posting from  @ephraimross1 : Improve Threaded Discussions with CSS.  This posting is in the Instructional Designers group here in the Canvas Community, so if you are not yet following this group, you can do so by clicking on the group name I've linked for you, and then click on the "Follow" button on the top right corner of the screen.  The CSS code that Ephraim provides could be added to your school's global CSS file so that all your courses at your school would have the same look and feel.  We applied this at our school, and we even set the side gray color to a different color to match our school logo colors.  I hope this helps, Kate!

View solution in original post