cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptart
Community Member

Manage Profile Pictures - Permissions

Jump to solution

What are the specific permission(s) needed to allow a sub-account admin to manage profile pictures for their school?

We have create a "Coordinator" Account Role with the permissions below. They can see the "Manage Profile Pictures" button but do not have the correct permissions to access it.

• Read SIS data
  • View statistics
  • View the list of courses
  • See the list of users
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jlafrance
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @ptart ​, I did some testing in my sandbox with a custom subaccount admin role with your permission set listed. It looks like the role will need permission to "Add/remove other teachers, course designers or TAs to the course" in order to access the Mange Profile Pictures page. You may want to test this in your test or beta instance. I know it's not ideal and I'm not exactly sure as to why add/remove teachers permission is tied to it. I would suggest adding this feedback to the existing feature ideas for more granular permissions (there are lots of them). I will also request that this is added to the permissions documentation for future reference.

Like Kona said, permissions can be confusing and often times frustrating but I hope this at least answers your question. If you have any additional questions, please do let me know.

Thanks!

Jenn

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@ptart , I've shared your question with the Canvas Admins​ group where it will garner the attention of those who work with permissions on a regular basis. If you're not already a member of that group, joining is just a few clicks away.

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@ptart ​, I apologize that this question has been out here for so long without any additional responses, so I'm adding a comment and re-tagging the Canvas Admins​ group to bump it to the top and garner some attention. In the meantime, if you've independently devised a solution, please take a moment to update the Community on what you've found.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ptart , Permissions can be confusing (and sometimes frustrating). I've also shared this with a Permissions expert to see if they can provide some assistance!

jlafrance
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @ptart ​, I did some testing in my sandbox with a custom subaccount admin role with your permission set listed. It looks like the role will need permission to "Add/remove other teachers, course designers or TAs to the course" in order to access the Mange Profile Pictures page. You may want to test this in your test or beta instance. I know it's not ideal and I'm not exactly sure as to why add/remove teachers permission is tied to it. I would suggest adding this feedback to the existing feature ideas for more granular permissions (there are lots of them). I will also request that this is added to the permissions documentation for future reference.

Like Kona said, permissions can be confusing and often times frustrating but I hope this at least answers your question. If you have any additional questions, please do let me know.

Thanks!

Jenn

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thank you Deactivated user​ for sharing your expertise on this! It is very much appreciated!