Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suzanne_giddens
Community Participant

Managing Accountability of a Project

Jump to solution

Updated

Original Subject Line: I need a 'checkmark' to be included with the 'Complete/Incomplete/Excused options for accountability each day. We are not ready for a final review.

105997_pastedImage_0.png

Do you have a suggestion to help manage accountability each day of the project?

Message was edited by: Chris Hofer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

suzanne.giddens, could you possibly use a rubric? In my mind I'm seeing a rubric for the assignment where each row is a different day of the project. You would need to set each day worth a point value, but when you attach it to the Assignment just don't check the box to use for grading and the rubric values won't change the actual assignment grade. OR, if you want each day to count toward the final grade, then you could use the rubric for grading. Completely your call there. I've done something similar where I've had different parts of an ongoing project and I kept track of the different grades in one rubric on the Assignment. Overall it worked really well for me and the students - who could see exactly what part of the project they didn't complete or do well on.

RubricExample.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

suzanne.giddens, could you possibly use a rubric? In my mind I'm seeing a rubric for the assignment where each row is a different day of the project. You would need to set each day worth a point value, but when you attach it to the Assignment just don't check the box to use for grading and the rubric values won't change the actual assignment grade. OR, if you want each day to count toward the final grade, then you could use the rubric for grading. Completely your call there. I've done something similar where I've had different parts of an ongoing project and I kept track of the different grades in one rubric on the Assignment. Overall it worked really well for me and the students - who could see exactly what part of the project they didn't complete or do well on.

RubricExample.png

View solution in original post

suzanne_giddens
Community Participant

Thank you!

Suzanne Giddens JMS

7th/8th Grade

Computer Fundamentals

MultiMedia

Gaming & Code

suzanne_giddens
Community Participant

I appreciate the proactive procedure of being able to request a feature to be voted upon by the Canvas Community/Teachers.

There is so much to learn! 

Thank you,

Suz

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi suzanne.giddens​...

It looks like  @kona ​ has given you some great advice here!  As as FYI, I'm going to shorten up your subject line a bit and also add some more keywords to your posting.  Both of these things will make it easier for people to search for your topic here in the Canvas Community should they have similar questions.  If the revised subject line doesn't quite reflect what you're asking in the body of your message, please let me know, and we can work to make any needed corrections.  I hope this is okay with you.