Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgoebel

Mark all as Complete

This may be the most basic of questions, but after reviewing a number of Community threads, FAQs and Gradebook instructions, I can't find an answer.

In the prerequisite study module leading to a summative assessment, students are required to complete a number of assignments and Mark as Done. For some, a submission of data is required, which populates the gradebook with an icon. For others, there is a simple read or view assignment, with no submission for the student.

I'd like to be able to mark an entire class as complete for a couple of these assignments (done in class, or on an external tool under my supervision). There does not seem to be a Mark All Complete option in Gradebook. Also, the tiny space allowed for marking complete or incomplete in Gradebook makes a precision problem. I have to go pretty slowly to make the 120X2 clicks needed for marking each student's work done.

What have I missed here? This is surely a common situation.

Thanks,

Goebel

Tags (1)
5 Replies
valentinesking
Advocate

Barbara,

Have you tried setting a default grade?

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12834-415255002 

I did look at that option, but I don't want to attach a number score to these items. For some of them, the learners are tracking their efforts in non-scored materials. For example, a reading passage with context questions, or even a single Big Idea question might be assigned. We will discuss the questions in class, but I will not grade them. This assignment is required as independent study in the study module, but has no "grade".

Maybe set it at 0 points and use the set default grade (showing complete/not complete for grading)?

That's the advice I just got from online chat. It's still not quite what I

want, but we're getting closer.

Barbara Goebel

7th grade Science

Savannah Middle School

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 11:32 AM, svking@fiu.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@bgoebel ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie