cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clermont_dean
Community Member

Mark an assignment as missing.

I see that canvas tracks late work as well as missing assignments in the analytics section.

However, everywhere I look there are always zeros for the number of missing assignments that I know is not true for students.

How do I mark as an assignment as "Missing" so that it shows up in the statistical analytics?

We use this information for referrals to homework club.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Dean,

Assignments are only considered missing if they have not been turned in but their Due date. Do you have due dates set on your Assignments?  If not, that could be why nothing is showing as missing.  I always suggest putting Due Dates on Assignments because it really help communicate to students by putting the Assignments on the Calendar and displaying on their To Do lists.  The other reason is to get better analytics with things getting reported missing when the due date has passed.

Here is a little more information about Due Dates https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10327-415273044 

Rick

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, clermont.dean...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on October 19, 2018.  It looks like  @rmurchshafer  replied to you later that day.  Have you had an opportunity to review Rick's feedback?  Did his reply help to answer your question?  Do you have any additional/outstanding questions related to your initial question?  If you feel that Rick's feedback has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark his answer as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please let us know by posting a message below.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we have not heard back from you since October and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for the same amount of time.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Dean.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Edit: I also wanted to share a link to this Guide from the New Gradebook that may be of help: How do I apply a Missing Submission policy in the New Gradebook?