cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robin_bartolett
Community Contributor

Mark as Done?

Jump to solution

I had the feature Mark as Done on out Canvas a couple of weeks ago and now it is gone. Does anyone know what happened. You can still see the remnants on the image below, but the marking tool is gone - see the other two images for what it looked like. We looked though Canvas notes and cannot find what happened. Thanks!!Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 8.25.53 AM.png

CDEB941B-C306-4160-A56F-07FF9583AE1C.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 2.26.57 PM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well - it is back now! I just opened edit module settings and clicked update module again and it came back. I did not have to reapply each setting. So there might be a bug that is making the button disappear. Since we have the Canvas Custom Tools on, I wonder if that is affecting it. I will test a bit more. Here is what happened:

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.09.52 AM.png

No mark as done button

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.10.26 AM.png

Open module page and click edit on module

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.10.40 AM.png

It's still there, just click update module

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.11.53 AM.png

Mark as done button has returned.

Thanks again, Gerol and Kona!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@robin_bartolett , to clarify, you are NOT seeing the "Mark as Done" or "Done" button on the pages that you have set to use this feature? A screen shot of what you are seeing now would also be helpful.

I don't have anything that was set up before to try this on, but I just tried adding it to a few pages and it seems to be working fine on my end. Have you tried re-adding the feature to a page to see if it fixes the problem? If it does, then it sounds like a bug and should be reported to Canvas Support.

Kona

G_Petruzella
Community Champion

Hi  @robin_bartolett ​ -

Hmm, I'm still seeing 'Mark as Done' in our instance as per normal. Do you mean that, when you are setting Module Requirements (via Gear > Edit), you don't get 'mark as done' as an action option in the dropdown for a Page? I have sometimes seen an inconsistency in which options get displayed for me when I'm setting Requirements for a given Module item - for example, sometimes for a graded Discussion, I see 'contribute to the page' but not 'submit the assignment'. Is this the context in which you're working, or is yours an entirely different issue?

104135_pastedImage_3.png

Thanks Gerol (HEY THERE!!)  and Kona! Correct, the Mark as done button does not seem to be there for pages I previously set it up on. I can see the Mark as done on the modules list, but the mark as done button is no longer on the upper right corner of the pages in Student View.

I am going to try readding and hopefully that will fix it.

Robin

Well - it is back now! I just opened edit module settings and clicked update module again and it came back. I did not have to reapply each setting. So there might be a bug that is making the button disappear. Since we have the Canvas Custom Tools on, I wonder if that is affecting it. I will test a bit more. Here is what happened:

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.09.52 AM.png

No mark as done button

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.10.26 AM.png

Open module page and click edit on module

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.10.40 AM.png

It's still there, just click update module

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.11.53 AM.png

Mark as done button has returned.

Thanks again, Gerol and Kona!

View solution in original post

@robin_bartolett ​, thanks for the update! I'm going to mark your answer with the "Correct Answer" flag (for now, we're going to call it a bug or maybe a browser quirk), but by all means, please keep us updated with the results of your additional testing.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

You might also want to report it to Canvas Support so they can document it as well.

robin_bartolett
Community Contributor

Thanks, Kona. If I can replicate it in a course without Custom Tools I will report it as a bug.

Robin

Thanks! If you do, please let us know so we can follow what happens with this!