cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valorie_carmer
Community Member

Mastery Learning Student View?

Jump to solution

Recently the Free for Teachers Canvas was updates and the view my students have of their Mastery Learning grade book has changed.  Previously, students could see a trending point value based out of 4 and a graph that plotted out their trending data.  This is no longer what the students see.  When the students click on an outcome, they see all the assignments and the scores for those assignments that are associated with that outcome, but no longer do they see a point score or the trending graph.  It may be that those items are still there, but neither the students nor I can figure out where that information can be found.  This has created frustration for the students.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@valorie_carmer , this change was made to all Canvas accounts, including Free for Teachers, when non-scoring rubrics were implemented. We’re currently evaluating adding it back to make the graphs work with both points-based and non-scoring rubrics.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@valorie_carmer , this change was made to all Canvas accounts, including Free for Teachers, when non-scoring rubrics were implemented. We’re currently evaluating adding it back to make the graphs work with both points-based and non-scoring rubrics.

View solution in original post

breklis
Community Participant

Hi Valorie,

This has caused frustration for our teachers and students as well.  Please vote for my feature request idea to add this back in.

Thanks!

I sure do hope Canvas decides to add it back in to the Mastery Gradebook.  This loss had cause numerous communication problems for my students and parents since my high school uses Standards Based Grading.