cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alycea
Community Participant

Mastery Paths Expert Support

Is there a way to get one on one support - or someone to talk us through setting up our course?

We have dozens of courses live but want to switch gears.

I'm looking to use Mastery Paths to differentiate 3 types of students that will recieve 3 types of content.

I've set up a pretest quiz with 3 different point values.

I've set up 2 modules for the conditional content.

The bulk content would go to all 3 types of students.

I don't seem to have it either organized or functioning correctly and I'm sure what's taken me weeks could be done in 1 hour with support. 

Is this available - paid or otherwise?

Tags (2)
4 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Alycea!

It definitely sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this! I use Mastery Paths with my students, and I always start by building the content first and then go back to the pre-test or assessment I will use to determine their path. It's in that space that I select the conditional items.

Without seeing your course myself, it's hard to guess what's causing the challenge. If you could share a few screenshots, it may help!

Have you browsed the guides that are available here in the Canvas Community? Here is a few I'd recommend, for sure:

Have you spoken with your CSM about your use of Mastery Paths?

There are some training options available, too.

alycea
Community Participant

Here are some screen shots.

I'm trying to create 3 paths:

1 - Trainee content

2 - Trainee content + additional "Host" content

3 - Trainee content + "Bridge" content

Right now - The Host and Bridge course paths are created in the modules.

But not the Trainee. Should it be?

-I believe I have to put the rest in a module as well? Technically the

Trainee assignments go to everyone.

The modules weren't showing in the sidebar menu - it had been disabled -

I've since moved them. Now they are visible.

Shouldn't the Pre-test show up first and at the top? It's not right now.

Does every single assignment have to be set in Mastery Path? If so - when I

go into the Path.... I don't have the option to assign ALL of them... it

only shows me some.

Suggestions?

Hmmm...

The pre-test should be at the top of there is a requirement to move through the module in a certain order. Then, anything that you want to be assigned as a result of that test needs to be included in the Mastery Path set-up. Also, after adding conditional content to a MasteryPath source assignment, you must differentiate each conditional assignment for MasteryPaths.

When I add Conditional Items to my Mastery Path, I was able to add quite a few. At the bottom of the window, not the screen, just underneath the third "tier" Path, there is a horizontal scroll bar. I was able to see all 8 of the items I added in my demo course. Do you have a scrollbar?

With each course, could you put each of the "roles" into a section? That way, you could use differentiation and only assign that module to the people that it should go to....without the need for a pre-test. (How do I assign an assignment to a course section?)

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Alycea - I hope you are doing well! Since we haven't collaborated since June, I am going to mark this thread as "assumed answered". (If you'd like to learn more about this, take a peek at How we keep your questions flowing!‌) If you'd like to reopen the conversation, feel free to reply any time. Smiley Happy