cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hodsagi
Community Participant

Maximum number of ratings in rubrics

I came across an issue when creating rubrics. In my institution, we grade on a scale from 1 to 10, and apply the same scale to each grading criterion, so I'd like to have 10 ratings in each criterion. However, the maximum number of ratings the rubric editor seems to be able to handle is 6. I can create more ratings than 6 but then I cannot edit the description of the ratings. Has anybody else encountered this problem?

3 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

This doesn't sound right, and here's wishing you a belated welcome to the Canvas Community,  @hodsagi  Welcome ! I've seen this question posed before, for example in What is the maximum number of ratings allowed on a rubric? , where  @kona ‌ demonstrates that she is able to create 13 ratings without issue. Have you tried switching to a different browser as Kona suggested in the earlier thread?

Also, for creating complex rubrics, you might want to consider  @James ‌'s Canvancement, https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-8844-importing-rubrics-from-a-spreadsheet .

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hodsagi ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

hodsagi
Community Participant

Yes, I used James Jones's rubric importer suggested by Stephanie. It is quite straightforward and simple to use.