Media Assignments

Jump to solution
hklqgcoconino
Community Member

I'm having the same problem submitting a video assignment.

I first tried recording on my phone and then uploading to Canvas, but the file was too large, 1.03GB. (The video was about 20 minutes long for the assignment.) I tried compressing the file and submitting it through Media, Google Drive, and the file upload options. I also tried uploading the zipped file to Google Drive. Each time a combination of incredibly slow internet, (I live in a rural part of Arizona that has connection problems everywhere) or its file size prevented it from submitting, I guess.

I eventually re-recorded the assignment through Canvas, using their video player. I labeled the video and attempted to save it. The page hasn't changed at all and I can't tell if it is working. I don't know how to navigate to the submit button on this page.

The only other thing I can think of is uploading the video to Youtube.com as unlisted and then submitting a link in Canvas. I haven't tried this yet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @hklqgcoconino - I'm sorry that you're experiencing some challenges with your submission. It sounds like you've really given a lot of effort into getting this done! I think you'll find the URL submission to be straight-forward. I often use this option with my students, though they usually share their work in Google Drive and then share the URL (that is set to have viewing permissions). I hope the YouTube link works for you.

How do I enter a URL as an assignment submission? 

How do I enter a website URL as an assignment submission in the Student app on my iOS device? 

View solution in original post