Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristinkmoses
Community Member

Media content is not importing in my course

Jump to solution

Good afternoon!

I am uploading media videos of my lessons into a master course that is shared with 2 other teachers so that we can share content. It upload goes just fine, the other teachers are easily able to import the course videos into their courses, but for some reason I am not able to import them. I try, and it says it was successful, but my videos are not showing up in my course.

Is there something wrong with my settings perhaps??

Thank you so much!

Kristin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kristinkmoses ​...

Assuming that you are uploading video files to the "Files" area of your course...out of curiosity, when you click on "Files" and scroll to the bottom of the screen, what percentage of your total file allocation is filled up?  This may be the issue...especially since videos can be quite large in file size.  If video file size is the issue, have you considered uploading them to a YouTube account?  You could do this and choose the option to only allow people with the link to view the videos.  That way, you still have plenty of room for other files you may need to upload to the "Files" section...and you have a way to embed YouTube videos into your course or share a private link to them on YouTube.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kristinkmoses ​...

Assuming that you are uploading video files to the "Files" area of your course...out of curiosity, when you click on "Files" and scroll to the bottom of the screen, what percentage of your total file allocation is filled up?  This may be the issue...especially since videos can be quite large in file size.  If video file size is the issue, have you considered uploading them to a YouTube account?  You could do this and choose the option to only allow people with the link to view the videos.  That way, you still have plenty of room for other files you may need to upload to the "Files" section...and you have a way to embed YouTube videos into your course or share a private link to them on YouTube.

View solution in original post

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Kristin,

Did this suggestion prove helpful?

Thanks,

Scott

Yes! It worked!!! So sorry it has taken so long for me to respond. So busy starting off a new year.

Kristin Moses

8th Grade Math

WoodCreek Junior High