cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgiovannetti762
Community Participant

Message forwarding bug

Jump to solution

As you may or may not be aware, you cannot add a subject line to a message sent from an IOS device.  This in of itself is annoying but not a big issue. However, I have discovered that a message with no subject cannot be forwarded and that is a problem. When you select the option to forward a message with no subject the option to select a recipient is not available. Can we either add a subject to the messages from IOS devices or fix the bug that will not let you forward a message that has no subject?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

rgiovannetti762, I actually didn't realize that this problem existed, so thank you for sharing this! The first question I have is whether you've submitted this as a ticket to Canvas Support? If not, then I'd definitely do this first to see if it's considered a bug and if there's any information related to it. If you've already submitted it to Canvas Support and they recommended adding as a feature idea in the Community, then I'd add it here - Canvas Feature Ideas​. If you're going to add it as a new idea then I'd also recommend viewing the following documentation - How do I create a new feature idea?​ & How to write a good feature idea submission​ - first.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

rgiovannetti762, I actually didn't realize that this problem existed, so thank you for sharing this! The first question I have is whether you've submitted this as a ticket to Canvas Support? If not, then I'd definitely do this first to see if it's considered a bug and if there's any information related to it. If you've already submitted it to Canvas Support and they recommended adding as a feature idea in the Community, then I'd add it here - Canvas Feature Ideas​. If you're going to add it as a new idea then I'd also recommend viewing the following documentation - How do I create a new feature idea?​ & How to write a good feature idea submission​ - first.

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

rgiovannetti762, inasmuch as this is evidently a bug that requires the intervention of Canvas Support, I'm marking  @kona ​'s advice above with the "Correct Answer" designation. Please take a moment to share the results from your support ticket with the Canvas Community.

quack3d

Any more information about this?