Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexanderjma

Message "Requirements Changed"

Jump to solution

When we publish a module from the modules tab we get a message saying requirements changed. This happens in all our classes, even new classes and classes without students. None of our teachers have changed the requirements inside the modules neither our students have gone through or beyond these modules. This message doesn't prevent teachers from publishing, but it wasn't showing up before and our teachers wonder why.

Do you guys know why this message comes up? Can we prevent it from coming up?

315617_Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@alexanderjma , I tested this in my own course and was able to replicate it. My "guess" is that this is showing up because technically by publishing the Module you ARE changing the progression requirements for the course. Even though the content was in the course already and students hadn't been in it yet, by it being unpublished and then publishing it, it does change what the students are required to do in the course. 

If you'd like more insight into this, I'd recommend contacting Canvas Support to see if they have additional information into the "why" behind this. 

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@alexanderjma , I tested this in my own course and was able to replicate it. My "guess" is that this is showing up because technically by publishing the Module you ARE changing the progression requirements for the course. Even though the content was in the course already and students hadn't been in it yet, by it being unpublished and then publishing it, it does change what the students are required to do in the course. 

If you'd like more insight into this, I'd recommend contacting Canvas Support to see if they have additional information into the "why" behind this. 

Kona

0 Kudos
swilson34
Community Contributor

I've been seeing this too, this was in a course where the instructor had date restrictions on the Modules but no assignment requirements.

Any followup on this one?