cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dalena_jeffries
Community Participant

Messages disappearing using Outlook

A user has her messages forwarded to her Outlook account.  When she deletes the message in her Outlook Inbox, she then can no longer see in Canvas when someone responds to that message thread.   She hasn't deleted the thread in Canvas, but can no longer find it.  Do you know why this is happening?  Or how to correct the issue? Thanks!

4 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Dalena,

Just to clarify; when you wrote, "she then can no longer see in Canvas when someone responds to that message thread." did you mean that she no longer sees related replies in Outlook or does she no longer see the original message and related replies when she logs directly into Canvas and goes to her inbox?

She no longer sees the original message and related replies when she logs directly into Canvas and goes to her inbox.

Hi Dalena,

I don't use Outlook myself so my options for testing are limited.  I did however ask around and one friend said that she has inbox messages from Canvas forward into Outlook, where she then deletes them and this does not remove them in Canvas.  Another person suggested, "That could likely be an artifact of the RSS feed to Outlook, and how Outlook manages it. There are options under Advanced options for RSS feeds." 

Hopefully that gives you something to go on.

Thanks for looking into this!  It was helpful.