Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linda_flores
Community Participant

Microphone settings

Jump to solution

Hi

I'm new to Canvas and I tried to record an audiovisual comment in a discussion but the sound goes in through the internal mic instead of through the headset. My computer has the headset as default, but it still doesn't work. Before the recording starts, the program only asks me to choose web camera, not mic.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@linda_flores , greetings and welcome to the Canvas Community! I would start by reviewing the information provided on this guide - How do I record audio using the Rich Content Editor?. If after reviewing this guide you still can't get this feature to work then my next recommendation is to contact Canvas Support at your school so they can trouble-shoot the issue there on campus with you.

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@linda_flores , greetings and welcome to the Canvas Community! I would start by reviewing the information provided on this guide - How do I record audio using the Rich Content Editor?. If after reviewing this guide you still can't get this feature to work then my next recommendation is to contact Canvas Support at your school so they can trouble-shoot the issue there on campus with you.

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@linda_flores  

I know it's been a while since you asked the question and Kona gave you the great response, but did you get this working for you?  Just wanted to check in.

Thank you for asking. I got help from the IT technicians at the university. Now I haven't tried it for a while, but I hope it'll work next time.