Degraded AWS performance is currently impacting some Canvas users in the North American region. Check Canvas Status for updates.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewingj
Community Participant

Microsoft Clutter blocking Canvas Messages

Jump to solution

I received a complaint from a user that all of their Canvas Messages were being diverted by Outlook to the new 'Clutter' folder. I tested this in my own account and found that they are being delivered to my inbox with no issue.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I know that individual users can change their settings or disable the filter, but it would be nice to fix this at the system level.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@ewingj ​, it appears that Microsoft Clutter is designed to be an adaptive feature based on the user's preferences. So, you may well have expressed a preference for certain items being delivered directly to your inbox, whereas others have previously marked Canvas messages as low priority. As such--although I'm no programmer--I'm hard-pressed to see how a system-level solution could be implemented, when an individual user could easily override them in his or her Outlook application. I'd refer you to Microsoft's guide on Clutter: Use Clutter to sort low priority messages in Outlook

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@ewingj ​, it appears that Microsoft Clutter is designed to be an adaptive feature based on the user's preferences. So, you may well have expressed a preference for certain items being delivered directly to your inbox, whereas others have previously marked Canvas messages as low priority. As such--although I'm no programmer--I'm hard-pressed to see how a system-level solution could be implemented, when an individual user could easily override them in his or her Outlook application. I'd refer you to Microsoft's guide on Clutter: Use Clutter to sort low priority messages in Outlook

View solution in original post