cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
audra_agnelly
Community Champion

Missing Assignment Notifications

Jump to solution

Not sure I want this at this time given some issues are teachers are having with the automatic application of the missing label when they don't want it, but we were contacted by a parent today who was expecting to receive notifications when an assignment is missing. Is there any plan to add missing or late assignment notification settings to Canvas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hi, Audra,

As a followup to your question, we've notified our team that works on web notifications and asked if they'd consider making this adjustment. If anything happens in the long run it'll be included in release or deploy notes.

Thanks!

Erin

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Thanks  @KristinL , we did figure that out after I posted my question and did some more digging. The parent who contacted us was expecting to receive email notifications, but app alerts are independent of the notification preferences setup on the user's profile page that go to email. The app notification and web-profile notification settings are already pretty different to begin with, I'd like to see Canvas work towards more alignment so users can have the same experience regardless of their preferred device.

0 Kudos

Hi, Audra,

As a followup to your question, we've notified our team that works on web notifications and asked if they'd consider making this adjustment. If anything happens in the long run it'll be included in release or deploy notes.

Thanks!

Erin