Missing reply button in Student app.

Jump to solution
BevinGinder
Community Explorer

I am a teacher developing a course. When I test the discussion questions in the student app there is not reply button... no way to reply to the discussion questions. On the browser, it is working fine. Is there a setting that I need to change?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Steph_T
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello! @BevinGinder 

I'm sorry to hear you are unable to see the Reply button on the App! If you are seeing this on the web, you should be seeing it within the app as well. And this is happening while in Student View correct? There could be a few factors. I would first recommend clearing your app's cache upon Relaunch. Our guide for What Teacher app options can I manage from my iOS device settings? will walk you through the steps (at the bottom of the guide). Also, be sure that your app and device are updated to the current version.

If you are not seeing the option to reply with your Test Student, be sure the course dates and Discussion date allow for the student to reply. If you continue running into trouble, you may want to contact Canvas Support so they can take a closer look into this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns! 

View solution in original post