Mobile App Sub-Account Theme

Jump to solution
EmileSorger
Community Explorer

Hello, I manage several sub-accounts and want to make the themes on the mobile app consistent with those on the web.  As of right now I have adjusted the theme using the theme editor which looks great on the web however all of the sub-accounts are still themed as the root account on the mobile app.  From what I'm seeing on the forums, it looks like uploading custom CSS or Javascript into the "Mobile App CSS/Mobile App Javascript" section is the way to go, but would like confirmation.  Thank you.

1 Solution
tdurbin
Community Contributor

Hello @emile ‌, 

In reference to your question:

... it looks like uploading custom CSS or Javascript into the "Mobile App CSS/Mobile App Javascript" section is the way to go

Yes, the mobile section is for applying the custom themes to your Mobile App.

Mobile CSS/JS files are only applied to user content displayed within the Canvas iOS or Android apps

Here is a bit more information on Themes & some great info!

Generally, the sub-accounts should inherit the properties applied to the main theme of the account.

If they aren't inheriting the global theme, then you might already have the options enabled for the sub-accounts to use their own themes or there is a possibility that your existing custom CSS/JS is interfering with the App picking up the themes.

Any theme applied to the account also applies to all sub-accounts, though you can upload CSS/JS files for individual sub-accounts.

This page on using the Theme Editor may help you troubleshoot issues:

How do I create a theme for an account using the Theme Editor?

There is also information for enabling sub-account themes:

Enable sub-accounts to use the Theme Editor

Here is the page on Uploading Custom files:

How do I uplaod custom JS/CSS files to an account?

There are some further notes on being aware of the associated risks with custom script & a couple of notes if you do not have access to the sub-account themes.

CSS/JS Files

Custom cascading style sheets (CSS) or JavaScript (JS) files are not required, but override files are also supported in the Theme Editor. CSS/JS file functionality must be enabled by your Customer Success Manager. Before uploading custom CSS or JS files, please be aware of the associated risks, as custom files may cause accessibility issues or conflicts with future Canvas updates. Learn more about custom CSS/JS restrictions.

Custom File Risks

If you cannot use the native Theme Editor options for branding, you must be aware of the associated risks of using custom files, which may cause accessibility issues or conflicts with future Canvas updates:

Notes:

• The Theme Editor is not available for Free-For-Teacher accounts.
  • If you are a sub-account admin and the Themes link is not visible in Account Navigation, Themes has not been enabled for sub-accounts. If the CSS/JS Upload tab is not visible, file uploads have not been enabled for sub-accounts.

View solution in original post