cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marc_mestre
Community Member

Modal display via js override

Hello,

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with getting modals to display in Canvas. I'm looking to set up a modal to display a warning when a user navigates to specific page. I have all the logic worked out in our JS overrides, however I'm having trouble actually getting Canvas to display the modal on page load. It seems there is some built in modal functionality based on the style guide but it looks like that is set up for content editor pages (or I'm missing something).

Has anyone managed to set up basic modal functionality in Canvas with just overrides? If so, how did you do it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Due to the technical nature of this question I'm going to share it with the Canvas Developers group in the Community. They are the ones that work with this side of Canvas and should hopefully be able to help! In addition, you might consider joining the Developers group and checking out some of their other resources/information!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @marc_mestre ‌...

While I don't have an answer for you, I wanted to check in with you to see if you've been able to come up with a solution on your own since your initial posting on January 23rd.  It appears you may have stumped the Canvas Community.  If you have found a solution, could you please post that here for others to review?  Or, if you are still seeking assistance with your question, please indicate that as well.  Looking forward to hearing from you, Marc.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi again,  @marc_mestre ‌...

It's been quite a while since we first heard from you, and I thought I'd check in one more time.  I am hoping that you've been able to find an answer for your question since you first posted this message on January 23rd.  Yet, if you are still looking for some help with your question, please come back here to post an update so that members of the Canvas Community can help you with any troubleshooting.  Because we haven't heard from you since January, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope this is okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing from you, Marc!