Moderation Issue? Please help!!

Jump to solution
alana_malone4
Community Novice

We used moderation to do pilot marking for our Year 12 essays. 

After marking we had to release the marks to the students, but in doing so the selections made in the rubric have vanished? This means all the hard work in selecting specific criteria that has inbuilt feedback has gone down the drain...

PLEASE tell me that information still exists somewhere...?

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @alana_malone4 ‌ - I fear that your concern is warranted. To the best of my knowledge, once that Post Grades button is clicked, the previous comments pretty much disappear from the earlier graders. To be sure, the documentation does not really spell this out with rubric comments, specifically, though it is implied with this statement found here in the notes in blue at the top:

Students can only view comments in the submission that is selected for the final grade; they cannot view comments from any other provisional grade reviews. If you want to include any comments from additional reviewers, you will have to copy the comments manually into the submission selected for the final grade.

I strongly encourage you to contact Canvas Support (Help>>Report a Problem) about this as soon as possible to make sure; they may have ways of retrieving the earlier comments from the graders within the rubric. In the meantime, depending on when the grades were posted, you might want to access either your Canvas Test or Beta environments to see if the moderated rubrics comments from the graders are still there.  There is a very under-voted Feature Idea that somewhat express the sentiments that you are concerned about:https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/15208-feedback-from-all-reviewers-in-moderated-grading-scenari... .   Also, I remember commenting about this a few years ago on a completely different question, and you may want to scroll through some of the comments posted here: https://community.canvaslms.com/message/93361-re-multiple-graders-cannot-use-rubric-in-speedgrader .

I will be curious to hear what Canvas Support says about their ability to retrieve those rubric comments, though.

View solution in original post