Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nichola_kerr
Community Member

Module release per section

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a course that releases (makes available to students) a new module every week.

How can this be managed when adding in multiple sections?

An example:

Section one could be on week four waiting for week five to be opened on Friday of that week.

Section two could be on week one waiting for week two to be opened on Friday of that week.

Section three could be on week six waiting for week seven to be opened on Wednesday of that week.

Can anyone share how we could do this?

Or is there a workaround?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @nichola_kerr - A belated Welcome to the Canvas Community. I see that you joined us back in November, but this appears to be your first post.  Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment, and while looking around the Community I noticed this Feature Idea, which I encourage you to vote up and comment on: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/5319-hiding-and-viewing-modules-for-individual-sections .  I'm frankly surprised this has not come up a lot more; I wasn't aware of this Feature Idea myself until I found it now, and voted it up myself.

As for work-arounds; well, the only ones I can think of is to limit any assignments, discussions, etc. within those Modules by section, as outlined in such online lessons as here:

I realize this is not a perfect solution, since items like pages, for example, will still appear for everyone in the course regardless of section, but I it would be better than nothing until a more permanent solution occurs.

I hope this helps a bit, Nichola!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @nichola_kerr - A belated Welcome to the Canvas Community. I see that you joined us back in November, but this appears to be your first post.  Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment, and while looking around the Community I noticed this Feature Idea, which I encourage you to vote up and comment on: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/5319-hiding-and-viewing-modules-for-individual-sections .  I'm frankly surprised this has not come up a lot more; I wasn't aware of this Feature Idea myself until I found it now, and voted it up myself.

As for work-arounds; well, the only ones I can think of is to limit any assignments, discussions, etc. within those Modules by section, as outlined in such online lessons as here:

I realize this is not a perfect solution, since items like pages, for example, will still appear for everyone in the course regardless of section, but I it would be better than nothing until a more permanent solution occurs.

I hope this helps a bit, Nichola!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos