Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcohen

Module titles - lack of space and competes with prereq list

Jump to solution

Anybody know how to a) shrink the font on the module titles so that we can write a longer title or b) how to allow students to see the full list of prereqs on a module without it being cut off because it is sharing space with the module title??  Prereqs on a module used to be listed below a module and, granted, students never saw the list and thus didn't even know there were prereqs on the module (prompting lots of frantic emails) but now the prereqs appear above the module limiting the space available for namign the module AND the full list of prereqs is cut off.  I like to include a list of weekly to-dos above each module but now that is not possible.  Anybody have any advice?  Mirelle

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mcohen ​, from a comment on the Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-08-29) it appears that this is a known issue, "The Modules team is working on some new backend things that I *thought* might address this, so I did some research. Turns out what they're working on doesn't relate, so, I passed this image over to our support team. There's currently a ticket addressing this issue that they're sending back up to engineering for consideration as they finish up their current project."

Sounds like you could go ahead and put in a Help ticket if you want to stay on top of where things are with this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tdelillo
Community Champion

There isn't currently a way to alter the text (font, font size, etc.) in Modules. Have you thought about making the module title short, and using one or more text headers to include the rest of the information? I don't know how you title your modules, so this is a really rough mockup, but...

95377_pastedImage_0.png

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mcohen ​, from a comment on the Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-08-29) it appears that this is a known issue, "The Modules team is working on some new backend things that I *thought* might address this, so I did some research. Turns out what they're working on doesn't relate, so, I passed this image over to our support team. There's currently a ticket addressing this issue that they're sending back up to engineering for consideration as they finish up their current project."

Sounds like you could go ahead and put in a Help ticket if you want to stay on top of where things are with this.

Tracey.  Thanks so much.  This workaround will work although it does look ugly.  I had no idea until today that we had the option of text headers - too bad the space available is so short. I will definitely use this idea though.  Very grateful.  Mirelle

I will submit a ticket.  Thanks Kona.  Good idea.

tdelillo
Community Champion

Yes, unfortunately the text headers get truncated, which is why I broke them into pieces like that. Ugly, it is. I came up with some fun ways of making them prettier, within the limitations we have (see Module Madness​), but I'm hoping someday we'll have at least a little design control over Modules.