cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patty_kunkel
Community Participant

Modules won't publish

I am only able to see one published module in student view after all of the modules were published.  I have not published the whole course yet because it is an online course and I need to be able to check in student view for any glitches before I publish.  Please help as I need to publish this evening.  Nothing appears to be locked and all my clouds are green.  Any suggestions?

10 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @patty_kunkel  ...

This is a bit hard to diagnose here because the majority of Canvas Community members won't have access to your school's Canvas instance.  However, to confirm...have you placed any prerequisites or requirements on the modules that you think would be preventing you from viewing them?  And also to confirm...the green cloud icon next to the module name (for all modules) is published?

Modules

It's possible to publish all content within a module without publishing the module itself (see the red circled icon).  These are the first things that I would check.  If you can report back to give us an update, that would be great...thanks!

patty_kunkel
Community Participant

did check all the prerequisites and had someone else look at it too. I think it may be a Canvas issue. Thanks for trying!

Patty

Thanks for the feedback,  @patty_kunkel ‌.  I would then recommend that you contact the Help Desk staff at Instructure.  You should be able to find contact information for them by clicking on the "Help" icon on the left side of your Canvas environment.

patty_kunkel
Community Participant

Thank you! I appreciate that!

Patty

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @patty_kunkel ‌ ~ It's been a few weeks since the Canvas Community last heard from you. After contacting Canvas Support, did you learn anything about this unique behavior with your modules? If so, it would be awesome if you could share by taking a few minutes to write a reply. That way, if others have a similar question, they can learn from your experiences! I hope your semester is going well! Smiley Happy

Hi  @patty_kunkel ...

As I was reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since  @klundstrum 's reply on October 7, 2017.  It looks like Kristin was curious to know about your conversation with Canvas Support.  As Kristin has suggested, if you could please come back to this thread to post an update for Community members, that would be helpful.  Since there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for quite some time, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Patty.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

patty_kunkel
Community Participant

Hi Chris!

Feel free to mark it Assumed Answered. There has been any more follow ups. Thanks for checking!

Patty

patty_kunkel
Community Participant

Hi Kristin,

I’m sorry I did not learn anything new in regard to this matter. Thanks for checking!

Patty

ltrevisan
Community Participant

I also had this problem - Modules was a pale gray and not visible from the Student View. Each assignment under the Modules was published so I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I called the Help line and discovered you have to also publish each unit in the module.  At the top right of each module unit are the three vertical dots, to the left of that is the + (Add) button. To the left of that is a gray circle with slash through it. Click on that and it will publish the module, changing to the usual green circle with a white check mark.  Do the same for the remaining module segments until all units are published.