cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zdeb
Community Participant

Move a student discussion post or reply

Jump to solution

We have a small group of faculty who would like the functionality of moving a student post in a discussion if the student posted to the wrong discussion topic.   We can't find a way to do that.  Is there?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

zdeb, no, that functionality does not exist in Canvas. I did a quick search of the Discussion Feature Ideas - https://community.canvaslms.com/community/ideas/sorting-hat-instructor#d - and I don't see anything that would fit with what you are wanting. My recommendation for this is that if it is a feature you feel is important to your faculty/students/Canvas then create it as a new feature idea in Canvas Studio.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

zdeb, no, that functionality does not exist in Canvas. I did a quick search of the Discussion Feature Ideas - https://community.canvaslms.com/community/ideas/sorting-hat-instructor#d - and I don't see anything that would fit with what you are wanting. My recommendation for this is that if it is a feature you feel is important to your faculty/students/Canvas then create it as a new feature idea in Canvas Studio.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
bsr
Community Participant

Hi, Deborah,

Did you ever make a feature idea for this? This is a frequently recurring problem for me. It seems like every semester I have at least one or two (if not 5 or 10) students who just post questions arbitrarily in any old discussion. I bang my head and wonder why I spend so much time crafting and organizing discussions by topic, when the topics will inevitably be ignored, anyway! It would be great to be able to move a post to the correct discussion.

Yes, these are the people who will grow up to post a table for sale on Craigslist, and put it in the "wanted" section.