cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdutta
Community Participant

Move multiple pages across modules/ add MindTap content from Cengage

Jump to solution

I am trying to bring in content from Cengage into CANVAS for deep linking modules. All the modules selected end up in the module that the book is linked in and it takes a lot of time organizing them by week moving each one down to the appropriate module. I see that the idea for moving multiple objects (or selecting multiple for the same operation - like moving them) is up for vote and I have voted. But until then, is there a short cut someone can point me to? Any help is much appreciated. I am sure I am not the first trying to get through this process.

Ranjana

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the follow-through,  @rdutta ​. I'll post the link here, which brings this discussion to a conclusion (for now):

View solution in original post

8 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rdutta ​, it seems as if you've stumped the Community! Were you ever able to figure out how to do this?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rdutta ​...

I wanted to check in with you about your question since there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since  @kona ​ reply on September 26th.  Have you been able to find any solutions to your question?  If you could please come back here to post an update, that would be great.  Thanks!

rdutta
Community Participant

Nope, I have not been able to find a way. I am new to Canvas community. I believe there are ways to make a suggestion to the powers-that-be to make improvements which can be voted in. But, presently I do not know a way to do that either. Will figure it out after finals. But, as yet, I do NOT know of any way to do it. I had tried shift, control, alt combination of keys, none worked. I have had to move these modules manually. 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rdutta ​.  Thanks for the reply.

I believe there are ways to make a suggestion to the powers-that-be to make improvements which can be voted in. But, presently I do not know a way to do that either.

Yes, you can do that right here in the Canvas Community.  If you click on the "Ideas" link at the top of this screen, you'll then want to click on the "New" button right below the blue "FEATURE IDEAS" button.  Then, click on the "Create an idea" link on the left side of your screen.  Here is a document that will help you as you formulate your Feature Idea submission: How do I create a new feature idea?

Hope this helps!

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@rdutta ​, since the upshot of this conversation is that such a capability would require the implementation of a feature idea, I'm going to mark the question as Assumed Answered. If you did ultimately create and submit a feature idea, please take a moment to post the link here as that will serve the dual purpose of closing the loop on this conversation and directing interested Community members to the idea. Thanks!

rdutta
Community Participant

I made an idea as you and suggested. Thank you for your help!

rdutta
Community Participant

I created the idea as suggester by you Stephanie, but I do not know how to post the link or close the loop. I see the idea posted and a box came up saying I should share it, but there was no place to share it (the like button did not work). How do I get people to see it or vote for it. I see similar ideas where people want to be able to select and move multiple questions, pages and such. I think the ability to select multiple items using a control+shift paradigm across the platform would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for the follow-through,  @rdutta ​. I'll post the link here, which brings this discussion to a conclusion (for now):