Moving a learner from one sub account to another sub account

Jump to solution
Mandeep_Dhesi
Community Participant

Hi All

I have created three sub accounts with a number of learners in all of these sub accounts.  One of trainers has requested to move a learner from sub account A to sub account B,

The issue I am facing is it possible to move the learner from Sub account A  with their associated courses complete with their work they have done for example completed quizzes, assignments, pages viewed etc to the new sub account B.  

If it is possible to do this task.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Mandeep

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@Mandeep_Dhesi Unless you have created a super unique way of managing things, students are really not managed at the sub-account level.  Courses are (can be) managed at the sub-account level and then students are part of courses so it gives sort of the appearance that users are managed via sub-accounts but it is really the courses they are part of.  You can move a course to a different sub-account and then any users along with their data will go along with it.  This is done in the course settings menu,

If however you are wanting to move a student from say "English 12" in sub-account A over to "English 12" in sub-account B, you can do this by removing their enrollment in the first course and enrolling them in the second but no data will follow them.  There is not a way to move student's data (submissions) from one course to another.  You can move the grades but not the actual submissions.

Maybe I am completely misunderstanding your question too???

-Nick

View solution in original post