cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvonberg
Community Member

Moving multiple pages in modules

Jump to solution

I'm dismayed that this is not a standard feature. I understand that when one builds a course from scratch, pages, assignments, etc. are created one at a time and put in the intended module. I am in a situation where content has been imported, originally created in another LMS. While much of the content came in as separate pages, what had originally been organized into folders imported as a simple sequence of pages (200+), placed in a single module, which had been the master folder. I would like to be able to select a group of pages, from within Modules, and move them into a new or existing different module. Currently you can only move pages one at a time. Very tedious. Anyone looking to reorganize their course would benefit from this feature. I would imagine a select check-box on each page in the list, and a command somewhere to "move selected pages to...".

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @cvonberg and welcome to the Community!  I can see how this would be beneficial, although personally I haven't had trouble with the current functionality slowing me down.  I checked and there is a feature request open currently for this, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/13346-selecting-and-moving-multiple-items-in-modules" modified...  I voted this up and you may wish to as well and/or add a comment to the growing thread.

All the best!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @cvonberg and welcome to the Community!  I can see how this would be beneficial, although personally I haven't had trouble with the current functionality slowing me down.  I checked and there is a feature request open currently for this, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/13346-selecting-and-moving-multiple-items-in-modules" modified...  I voted this up and you may wish to as well and/or add a comment to the growing thread.

All the best!

View solution in original post

dr_sten
Community Participant

I second OP's post. Incredible to think we are paying substantial money for NOT having such basic functionality. Canvas - a death by a thousand clicks.

bwieman
Community Member

Exactly: Canvas - a death by a thousand clicks.