cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alfredo_alcanta
Community Contributor

Multimedia applications

Hi Canvas Community,

I know Canvas provides a robust set of intergraded applications. I would like to learn more about incorporating multimedia applications into Canvas at the course level. Does anyone have recommendations for useful multimedia apps?

4 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@alfredo_alcanta , I don't have an immediate answer to your question. However, I wanted to let you know that because your question prompt invites an open-ended discussion rather than posing a question that will elicit one "correct answer," I've changed it to a discussion.

awilliams
Instructure
Instructure

Hey  @alfredo_alcanta ​, if you head over to this link: Edu Apps​, you can sort by category. Once you've found one you would like to try you can go to the App section of your course settings and add it to your course. How do I use the App Center in my course?​ and What is the App Center? are good guides to read. On of my favorites is called "Public Resources."

Public Resources - Browse or search through multiple content repositories including Vimeo, YouTube, SchoolTube, Khan Academy and Quizlet.

Here are just a few others (but there is so much moreI found while browsing the App Center that may be of interest to you:

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 9.15.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-21 at 9.15.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-21 at 9.13.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-21 at 9.12.02 AM.png

There is also a document here in the community that may have some useful sites for you, just because it can't be found in the app center doesn't mean it can't be used in Canvas. Course Design Resource Index (Collaborative Doc)

I am sure I have missed some other relevant resources here in the community about adding multimedia content to your courses. Hopefully someone else can reply and fill in some of the gaps.

awilliams​, Thank you. This is an awesome starting off point. I can't wait to check out the Pixton Comic Maker! :smileygrin:

The Pixton comic maker looks great. I haven't tried that one. Thanks, Adam!

Alfredo, there are several other good resources listed in Course Design Resource Index (Collaborative Doc)​.