cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmocko
Community Member

Multiple Graders on the Same Submission

Jump to solution

I have a case where there are multiple coaches on a technical report submitted by a groups of students. The assignment is a group assignment and the grading is done by a group of faculty. I would like the faculty to assess the submissions and complete the rubric. I would then like to see an aggregated score for a rubric and comments. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @gmocko ...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since June 17, 2019.  In reviewing the conversations you've had with  @kona ‌ and  @jlschandler , it seems that you may not have come up with a usable solution that will work for your current needs.  Would that be a correct assessment?  If so, it might be worth your time to create a new Feature Idea here in the Community (assuming that a similar Feature Idea doesn't already exist).  Here are some documents for you to look through on creating Feature Ideas:

How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?

How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?

What is the feature development process for Canvas?

For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've necessarily found an answer for you...but more because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Greg.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@gmocko , I'm not sure if you would see the aggregated score or not, but the closest I can think of for something like this is moderated grading. See the following guides below for more information on this:

I hope this information is helpful!

Kona

gmocko
Community Member

Kona

I read on the moderated grading and I do not think this is the solution. From what I read, folks have tried this with teacher and TA and it results in the teacher writing down the grades in the rubric and combining them. It would be great to share a rubric associated with an assignment and have multiple people populate an instance of the rubric with scores and comments. This would be a great function to add.

Thanks for the input.

Greg

jlschandler
Community Participant

Check out Peerceptiv - that tool integrates with Canvas and was designed specifically to do that you are describing.  Use the right tool for the job. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I did look at Peerceptiv. I did not do the demo. It seems that it is about Peer evaluations from other students. I think this could work, but really I want multiple faculty to be able to grade. I would think folks at Canvas could integrate this into the normal rubric design and simply "assign" teachers or grading assistants to provide feedback. The math behind this is quite straightforward as there are a few ways to combine rubric items.

That being said, it would be great to have in Canvas as I have little say in the LMS at the university. 

Thanks for the input.

-greg

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @gmocko ...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since June 17, 2019.  In reviewing the conversations you've had with  @kona ‌ and  @jlschandler , it seems that you may not have come up with a usable solution that will work for your current needs.  Would that be a correct assessment?  If so, it might be worth your time to create a new Feature Idea here in the Community (assuming that a similar Feature Idea doesn't already exist).  Here are some documents for you to look through on creating Feature Ideas:

How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?

How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?

What is the feature development process for Canvas?

For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've necessarily found an answer for you...but more because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Greg.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
gmocko
Community Member

Hey

I do not think the question was answered. I have used a different (albiet not efficient solution) for multiple raters.

I would still like to see it included in Canvas.

Thanks

GREGORY MOCKO | Associate Professor

Department of Mechanical Engineering<https://www.clemson.edu/cecas/departments/me/>

College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences<http://www.clemson.edu/cecas/>

243 Fluor Daniel EIB| Clemson, SC 29634-0901

gmocko@clemson.edu<mailto:gmocko@clemson.edu> | 864.656.1812

To find a time to schedule an appointment: Mocko Calendar<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/872b300b37cb4b77be42c74277ac6db3@clemson.edu/62bd57949268420da72545e164b20cea13872940677138430957/calendar.html>

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@gmocko ...

Thanks for the feedback/update.  At this point, I think I'd still recommend that you consider submitting a Feature Idea based on the information I provided to you last month.  You'd want to first search the Community to see if any similar Feature Ideas already exist...so that you're not duplicating someone's idea that might already be posted.  If you cannot find a similar Feature Idea, then go ahead and create your own so that people can vote on it and add comments.  Thanks Greg.