cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristinkmoses
Community Member

Multiple posts to calendar..

Jump to solution

What did I do wrong? Why do I have multiple additions of the same event on my calendar. I only input them in once. Do it have something to do with importing from a master course every day? I thought it wouldn't copy on top of what I already had there. See below...

93813_pastedImage_0.png

Thank you in advance for all of your help! It is truly appreciated!

Kristin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

My guess is that because Kristen mentioned copying from a master everyday, that what we are seeing in the screenshot is events that are in the master and also in two copies of the course that she is using to teach two separate courses.  Hopefully she will come back and help us solve the mystery.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kristinkmoses ​, it looks like at least some of these are different colored, which means they are from different courses. If you have the same calendar event in multiple courses then it will show up multiple times on your calendar. You can tell which calendar each event/assignment is coming from by clicking on it - it will say which course it is associated with. To only look at a specific course calendar you'd need to click the colored box next to all of your courses (on the right) except for the one you want to see - How do I filter my Calendar view by course?

Let me know if this solves the problem or if you have multiples in the same course (ex: it looks like maybe three red - which could indicate they are all from the same course). Normally the only way this happens is if you import a course into itself.

aclement
Community Participant

@kristinkmoses ​ when you are copying content from your master course do you "Select specific content" or "All content." Even though selecting content does not give you the option to move calendar events, the all content option will move them.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@aclement , I just double-checked and if the course you are copying over has calendar events linked to it then they do show up as an option when you "select specific content." Below is what I saw when I went to copy a course that had calendar events. If I clicked the arrow I could then even select which specific calendar events I wanted to copy over.

CalendarEvents.png

aclement
Community Participant

@kona ​, fair enough, thanks for pointing that out. I still think that Kristin's problem may have been caused by an "all content" copy from one course to another.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kristinkmoses ​, did any of the responses to your question help?

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

My guess is that because Kristen mentioned copying from a master everyday, that what we are seeing in the screenshot is events that are in the master and also in two copies of the course that she is using to teach two separate courses.  Hopefully she will come back and help us solve the mystery.

View solution in original post