Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcivitella
Community Participant

Muting Groups in Grade Book?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I wanted to know if there was a way to mute the different groups in a user's grade book so that students can only see individual grades as opposed to their overall grade in a specific group. I have already removed "overall grade" access for students, but I wanted to see if I could also "hide" overall group %. Thanks!

Jonathan

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jcivitella ​, unfortunately no, there is no way to mute the different Assignment groups. Yet, there is a Canvas Feature Idea​ for . On August 18 it was noted that, "We are developing the ability to hide assignment groups totals from students in a gradebook that will be in beta behind a feature flag this school year." If you'd like to follow this feature idea, the best bet is to comment on this and follow it.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jcivitella ​, unfortunately no, there is no way to mute the different Assignment groups. Yet, there is a Canvas Feature Idea​ for . On August 18 it was noted that, "We are developing the ability to hide assignment groups totals from students in a gradebook that will be in beta behind a feature flag this school year." If you'd like to follow this feature idea, the best bet is to comment on this and follow it.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

jcivitella
Community Participant

Thanks for your prompt response. I'll go check out that idea. Have a good one!

Jonathan

You too! Hopefully they'll get that feature released soon!