cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sedwards22
Community Member

My Calender view changed, is there any way to change it back to the old calendar?

Jump to solution

Everyone I know wants the old calendar back so please consider changing it back. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
sedwards22
Community Member

This is what my calendar looks like now. It used to be a large calendar that took up the entire page. 345396_820F7855-0880-4F56-A900-269EC33D0434.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Hi  @sedwards22  ~ Unfortunately, the only version of the calendar is the one that is currently available in Canvas Student. There's not a way to revert the design to something that was available in versions of the Canvas Student app prior to 6.8.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@sedwards22  Welcome to the Canvas Community! Canvas hasn't made any changes to the Calendar, so there is no "old calendar." Would you provide a screenshot of the calendar you're using so that our members can assist you with its functionality? ‌ and  provide general resources for using the Canvas Calendar.

Thanks!

sedwards22
Community Member

This is what my calendar looks like now. It used to be a large calendar that took up the entire page. 345396_820F7855-0880-4F56-A900-269EC33D0434.png

0 Kudos

@sedwards22 ‌, thanks for the screenshot; it's a big help. By any chance, do you have your Calendar view toggled to "Agenda"? If so, toggling the view back to "Month" should restore the larger view. I don't see the toggle displaying on your screenshot, but it should look like what is depicted in the View Calendar Agenda section of How do I use the Calendar as an instructor? and How do I use the Calendar as a student? 

If toggling the view doesn't restore the calendar view, or if you can't find that toggle, would you check with the local Canvas admin for your district? They might have applied a customization specific to your school.

Thanks, Sophie.

jpruden
Community Participant

Hi Stefanie,

Admin here... Sophie is using an iPad. I'm guessing that the last update to the Canvas app changed the way that calendars work. No custom work on our end... and any custom work wouldn't affect the iPad app in any case.

Also no toggle...

I'll let her know.

smiles,

Jamie

@jpruden ‌, :facepalm: ! Thanks for clarifying that; I didn't realize that the screenshot was from the app! Yes, the most recent update to Canvas Student for iOS brought with it changes to the calendar design, as described in Canvas Student Release Notes (iOS 6.8)  I'll check with our mobile gurus to see if/how the view can be changed directly from the app interface.

And Sophie, I apologize! I completely overlooked the possibility that you were using the mobile app.

Hi  @sedwards22  ~ Unfortunately, the only version of the calendar is the one that is currently available in Canvas Student. There's not a way to revert the design to something that was available in versions of the Canvas Student app prior to 6.8.

0 Kudos