Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmarcus
Community Member

My Canvas Has turned Blue - normally it's red

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else noticed that once in a while when they log-in, that their entire Canvas shell (everything) will be a light blue? Much like the blue that was featured in the most recent Screencast Update release?

I noticed it over the weekend, and I had two colleagues ask me about it today. It just happens randomly. Normally, our Canvas is Red.

I've looked around the community area and haven't seen any other questions about it, so I'm wondering if it is a glitch just occurring at our campus.

Thanks for any info!

~Kelly

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @kmarcus and @771 

I cannot tell you if this is the definitive answer, but this is what we have suspected for years............

Your Canvas color scheme is a customization by your school. Your Canvas Admin uploads a theme. Sometimes when there is a Canvas update, it can break this theme (requiring reloads that we have had to do several times in 8 years), or there is simply a delay in loading the existing theme after a Canvas upgrade.

I hoe this help alleviate any concerns,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
10 Replies
cburns24
Community Participant

Yes, mine just did at this moment!

kmarcus
Community Member

Did it return to your regular color? Mine has done it on and off since the most recent update. I had a couple of colleagues contact me about it today, and I'm wondering if it's just a glitch?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

I noticed this today for a very short amount of time. It's almost like the theme went away for a bit, but then was restored.

If it's still there, double-check your settings to make sure that "High Contrast UI" isn't toggled on.

@KristinL ...

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing within the past week...like the theme just decides to say, "Nah...not now."  But then, a simple refresh of the page usually fixes it.  Pretty strange.

Community Participant

let me see...

Community Participant

strange...

it did not happen to me!!!

Community Participant

except it turned  white...

Spoiler

kmarcus
Community Member

Exactly. It is strange. It has to have something to do with the latest update. It's super random.

kmarcus
Community Member

It's super strange. It's done it to be about once a day since Saturday. At first I thought, "Oh, so we're doing blue now?" but then it was red the minute I clicked to the next screen. I just assumed it was a one time thing, then it did it the next day. I thought maybe it was just me, but then I had two colleagues email me about it.

Bizarre.