My discussion post disappeared when i hit submit, where did it go?

Jump to solution
apb5555
Community Novice

I was commenting on a discussion post and when I hit submit, my post disappeared.  The discussion post had locked at midnight but I didn't realize my post had a time limit, so when i hit submit it disappeared.  Is it gone forever or is it somewhere on my teachers end?  

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@apb5555 , hello and welcome to the Canvas Community! Unfortunately from what you've explained it sounds like your post was not saved and would not be available for your teacher to see. Whatever is posted on the discussion is what the teacher can see, so if your post isn't there then the teacher can't see it. I know this is super frustrating and I've had it happen to me more than once. What I've started doing and that seems to work pretty well is to either (1) copy & paste what I typed into a word document (or email to myself or something like this) before I click the submit button OR (2) type up my response in Word or some other program and save it and then copy and paste it into the discussion. This way you always have a backup copy of what you typed. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post