cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scho0410
Community Participant

Navigation in the Android app from a home page?

Jump to solution

I have built a home page that has a link to the 'start' of the module.  In a desktop students select the 'start here' link and are brought into the next opening page as part of a module where they can select 'next' to move on (or previous that actually takes them back to the home page). 

When I am on my Android phone on the Student App and select the 'start here' link from the home page, I get to the intended next opening page BUT there's no arrows for me to move forward (or backward).  

Is this the intended behavior? Am I doing something wrong? Can we/you change the app so linking to a page brings you into the module to navigate from there?  

Thanks for any guidance, 

Sara 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @scho0410 ‌, 

Unfortunately, this has never worked on iOS or Android in the Canvas Student app. The app sees these are links to a page and not module item, unlike the web. The only way to get next/previous buttons is to access a page "through" a module, where it's part of the next/previous flow, and not an individual page. I have heard about this for a while, and there is currently an idea up for a vote. I suggest you vote and leave your comments there as well. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12177-canvas-student-app-android-have-links-to-pages-within-mo... 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @scho0410 ‌, 

Unfortunately, this has never worked on iOS or Android in the Canvas Student app. The app sees these are links to a page and not module item, unlike the web. The only way to get next/previous buttons is to access a page "through" a module, where it's part of the next/previous flow, and not an individual page. I have heard about this for a while, and there is currently an idea up for a vote. I suggest you vote and leave your comments there as well. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12177-canvas-student-app-android-have-links-to-pages-within-mo... 

View solution in original post

scho0410
Community Participant

Hi Ryan, 

Thanks for responding to let me know it is operating as intended (even if I don't like that intention) and a place to vote a possible change.