cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k_cooper_14
Community Member

Need Help ASAP

Jump to solution

I am new at Canvas and I'm trying to figure out a few things.

1) On the left hand side where it has Home, Announcements, Pages, Grades, etc. -- my Modules and Quizzes are grey instead of blue. And when I click on "student view" they aren't even there.

2) Also when I'm in "student view," I don't see any of my modules that I created.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@k_cooper_14 ​...

So the issue is that you have all the content published inside of each of your modules, but you don't actually have the modules published.  For example, if you look at your first module, "Welcome to the Class", you'll see a gray cloud icon directly to the right of that bold title.  That also needs to be published (just like your introduction discussion and unit proposal items are).  Do the same for your remaining modules, and you should be set.  Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

7 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @k_cooper_14 ​...

1) On the left hand side where it has Home, Announcements, Pages, Grades, etc. -- my Modules and Quizzes are grey instead of blue. And when I click on "student view" they aren't even there.

Do you have any content within the "Modules" or "Quizzes" areas of your course?  The text of those two buttons will remain gray in color until you populate them with content.  Also, what you'll want to do is go into your course "Settings" screen (also on your left navigation bar), and then click on the "Navigation" tab.  Please see this Canvas Guide for direction on how to re-order and hide/show navigation buttons: How do I reorder and hide Course Navigation links?

2) Also when I'm in "student view," I don't see any of my modules that I created.

For this one, are you sure that your modules of your course are published?  Instead of the gray cloud icon next to each module name, that icon should be green in color.  You can find out more information about publishing modules and items within modules here: How do I use Draft State in Modules?

Hope this information is helpful to you, Kourtney!

I do have content in the Modules one so I don't know why its still grey. But I don't for the Quizzes so that make sense. And I have arranged them the way I want, but they are still no there in "student view".

And yes each assignment or announcement in the modules are published.

Hi  @k_cooper_14 ​...

Would it be possible for you to take a screen capture of your Modules screen and post it here so I could see what it looks like?  This might help me better troubleshoot the issue with you.

@k_cooper_14 ​...

So the issue is that you have all the content published inside of each of your modules, but you don't actually have the modules published.  For example, if you look at your first module, "Welcome to the Class", you'll see a gray cloud icon directly to the right of that bold title.  That also needs to be published (just like your introduction discussion and unit proposal items are).  Do the same for your remaining modules, and you should be set.  Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Oh my goodness, I just overlooked that. That was such an easy fix! Thank you for your help!

You're welcome!