cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abitha_swaminat
Community Participant

Need help in modifying email template

Hello there,

We have hosted a self- hosted canvas application. And we have a requirement to modify the notification email template when a new announcement is created in a course but we don't see any setting to change the email template as admin. Is there any setting to change the email template?

Please give suggestions how we can achieve the above mentioned requirement.

Thank you!!

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@abitha_swaminat , we’ve been using Canvas since 2012 (hosted) and there is no way to change notification text. That being said, if you are self hosted then in theory you should be able to dig into the backend programming of Canvas to make that change. 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @abitha_swaminat ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on December 13, 2017 and then received a response from  @kona ‌ later that day.  Have you had an opportunity to review Kona's response?  If so, did her feedback help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some assistance with this question?  If you feel that Kona's reply has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark her reply as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some assistance with this question, please let members of the Community know by posting a message below so that someone might be able to help you out.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard from you for almost four months and because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for the same amount of time.  However, this won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Abitha.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.