New Canvas Rich Content Editor Link Editing Issues

Jump to solution
wnewhous
Community Explorer

Good day Canvas users.

I am very frustrated with the new Canvas RCE linking behavior. It seems that there is no way to access the Canvas course or file browser when editing a link. The only way it seems I can access the course and file browser is when creating a new link. This is extremely problematic as we have template pages with links that have special markup. The previous RCE version provided this browser window when editing a link. The only workaround I have been able to come up with is to remove the link and then re-add it. This is causing a lot of rework however because as soon as a link is removed, Canvas strips out the anchor tag and any formatting that was associated with it.

Perhaps I'm missing something but Is there some way access the Canvas course file and page browser when editing a link?

Thank you for any insight you might have.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Just to follow up. I contacted the Canvas System Administrators at our university and they have promised to pass along my concerns. Recreating links and losing styling is really eating up a lot of time. I understand how Instructure might be trying to help people author pages without a lot of HTML knowledge, but in so doing, they are also working against institutions who are trying to deliver something more than a bread-and-butter student experience.

View solution in original post

0 Likes