New Grading Scale Due to COVID/Remote learning - need assistance choosing the right tool to give feedback

Jump to solution
hbrown5018
Community Participant

We are giving our students an option to choose between a new grading scale (P+, P, P-, etc) OR the A-F grading scale due to going to remote learning the last part of the semester. 

While we have sent out a survey to students enrolled in their courses, asking which they prefer, it does not integrate with the Gradebook. 

I have a faculty member who wants to see what they've chosen in the gradebook. 

What tool could she use that would show her in the gradebook what they prefer, for example "1" for New Scale or "2" for "A-F" scale....an ungraded assignment, quiz, ?????

My brain is fried so I'm hoping someone may have an answer...thank you in advance and stay safe. Heather 

1 Solution
hbrown5018
Community Participant

I think I figured it out. Select New Quizzes in the Settings > Feature Options > Enable 'New Quizzes'. Build a 'graded' M/C quiz, put how many points you want, and choose 'do not count towards the grade'. This will put the quiz results in the Gradebook. THEN when you 'build' the question(s) for M/C - you can have each answer they choose count for different points. (Note: when you build the quiz you'll indicate for each choice the points awarded for the answer. You'll want to have a Key for yourself so you know that if they 'earned' 1 point it means xyz and if they choose another option it means something else). 

Probably didn't explain this correctly but it works for me as I tested it out already! Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

0 Likes